Note that, in Tetra GDM, only the model owner can create, rename, delete or edit the properties of alternatives.
Creating an Alternative
- Choose New Alternative in the Model menu,
- Click on the icon in the toolbar, or
- Right click on the alternatives folder and choose New Alternative.
Alternatives are created with default values for names. You can change these as described below.
Renaming an alternative
- Select the name in the navigation pane and edit it, or
- Right click on the alternative and choose Rename.
Deleting an alternative
- Select it and choose Delete from the Edit menu,
- Select it and click on the icon, or
- Right click on the alternative and choose Delete.
Editing alternative properties
- Select the alternative and choose Properties from the Edit menu, or
- Right click on the alternative and choose Properties.
Showing and hiding alternatives
- Click on the + or - next to the alternatives folder, or
- Double click on the alternatives folder.
Cutting, copying and pasting alternatives
Alternatives may be copied or cut by either:
- Selecting them and choosing Copy or Cut from the Edit menu,
- Right clicking on an alternative and choosing Copy or Cut, or
- Selecting them and clicking on the (copy) or (cut) icons.
- Dragging an alternative onto the folder icon while holding the Ctrl key will create a new copy.
When pasting alternatives, they are re-named to give them unique names, if necessary. Alternatives may be pasted by either:
- Selecting the alternatives folder and choosing paste from the Edit menu
- Right clicking on the alternatives folder and choosing Paste,
- Selecting the alternatives folder and clicking on the icon in the toolbar.