Working with Weighting Rulers
Weighting rulers are used to specify the weights for criteria. For general information on rulers, see the section on working with rulers.
Note that in Tetra GDM the ability to view or edit weighting rulers depends on the weight paradigm for the model. Refer to the Weight Paradigms section in the Tetra GDM Administration Tool help documentation for more information.
Creating a criterion weighting ruler
- Select a weights icon and choose New Criteria Weighting in the Model menu,
- Select a weights icon and click on the icon in the toolbar, or
- Right click on a weights icon and choose New Criteria Weighting.
Creating a decision maker weighting ruler (GDM Only)
- In stakeholder and family weight paradigms, select the root-criterion weights icon . In expert weight paradigm select any leaf criterion for which the weights are to be specified. Choose New Decision Maker Weighting in the Model menu.
- Select the relevant icon as noted above, and click on the icon in the toolbar, or
- Right click on the relevant icon as noted above, and choose New Decision Maker Weighting.
Weighting rulers are created with default values for names. You can change these as described below.
You can also generate all criteria weighting and rating rulers for a model at once, using the button in the toolbar.
Renaming a weighting ruler
- Select the name in the navigation pane and edit it, or
- Right click on the weighting ruler and choose Rename.
Deleting a weighting ruler
- Select it and choose Delete from the Edit menu
- Select it and click on the icon, or
- Right click on the weighting ruler and choose Delete.
Editing weighting ruler properties
- Select the weighting ruler and choose Properties from the Edit menu, or
- Right click on the weighting ruler and choose Properties.
Cutting, copying and pasting weighting rulers
Weighting rulers may be copied or cut by either:
- Selecting them and choosing Copy or Cut from the Edit menu,
- Right clicking on a weighting ruler and choosing Copy or Cut, or
- Selecting them and clicking on the (copy) or (cut) icons.
Weighting rulers can only be pasted into a non-leaf criterion which does not already have a weighting ruler. Weighting rulers may be pasted by either:
- Selecting a criterion weights icon and choosing paste from the Edit menu
- Right clicking on a criterion weights icon and choosing Paste,
- Selecting a criterion weights icon and clicking on the icon in the toolbar.
When pasting criteria weighting rulers you will be prompted to create child criteria which are referenced by the weighting ruler and do not exist under the selected criterion.
Weighting rulers can be moved to a new tree location by selecting and dragging with the mouse. Holding Ctrl while dragging will create a new copy.
In Tetra GDM, when a weighting ruler is pasted, it belongs to the current user.
Viewing the Weighting Rulers of other Users
When the model owner has opened a model the weighting rulers of all users can be viewed (but not edited). The behaviour is identical to viewing the rating rulers of other users.